Root Canal therapy, or a “root canal” as most people refer to it, is the process of removing the nerve and blood vessels from a tooth that has developed signs and symptoms indicating therapy and replacing it with a rubberized filling material called Gutta Percha. People can need root canal therapy for several reasons as determine by your doctor.
Some indications you may need a root canal:
- - Constant throbbing pain coming from one or multiple teeth
- - A “pimple” on the side of the gums that drains from time to time
- - Swelling of the gums or tissue in the mouth or outside of the mouth
- - Jaw pain
- - Exaggerated sensitivity to hot or cold
- - Cannot chew on a particular tooth due to pain
What to do…
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms please call our office for an immediate evaluation. Tooth infections can progress rapidly and can potentially become life threatening very quickly if left untreated.